Wednesday, September 2, 2009

YOGA Awareness Month!



That is correct, people. You read it right--September is home to Yoga Awareness Month. Plus Labor Day, the Jewish New Year, and my birthday, but who's counting?


Aaanyway... back to the subject at hand. Everybody knows I'm a fan of yoga. If you didn't know that about me, you're about to. I think everyone should do it, unless you have vertigo cause you'd almost certainly pass out in 90% of the poses. Yoga is for everybody and Every Body. Get it?


Yoga Awareness Month wasn't just made up by a bunch of hippies--it's actually sanctioned this year for the very first time by the Department of Health and Human Services. Yes indeedy, the government that brought you the DMV, the Post Office and the IRS is now offering up a month of yoga support! I knew something good was bound to happen.


So get out there and find yourself a yoga class! If you've never done it before, keep and open mind and try it out, just for me. And it you can't find a class, hit me up and I'll hook ya up! I AM able to teach now, in case you hadn't heard...
***Photo from Yoga Journal web site

1 comment:

Amber Greenawalt said...

September also host to Mitochondrial Disease Awareness ;) Great post! Makes me wanna grab a mat, stoke a post and let out some Ohms!