Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Why am I so freakin' hungry?

Ever since last night, I have been almost constantly hungry. I ate dinner, went to the gym, and then headed to Keri's house to watch the Bachelor finale (that guy is a total tool, BTW).

During the show, I drank two glasses of wine and ate some of Jason's rum cake, which if you're ever offered a piece of that delicious little baked good, take it.

I woke up three times last night, mostly from hearing Mason cough, poor guy. I was starving each time. WTF?

I had breakfast, and I was starting to feel like I could stand a snack 30 minutes later, and was genuinely hungry within an hour. So I snacked an hour earlier than usual. And again, I was hungry in no time.

We had lunch at 11:30 - 11:45, and as I am sitting here typing this not an hour later I feel like I haven't even eaten lunch at all yet! (I have the empty plate of last night's tasty leftovers to prove it.)

So what gives--why am I ravenous? I'm working out a little less actually due to Mason's illness and my subsequent inability to pawn my spawn off on the gym childcare for a couple of brief moments of exercise peace.

And before one of you people pulls out this one on me, I am not pregnant. No way, no how, say a prayer, genuflect, bite your tongue, do something to erase that idea from your head!

P.S. I did have blood work for my physical done yesterday morning in which they extracted a whopping SIX vials of blood from me? Could this be the culprit? I must find someone to blame... it's the American way.

No comments: