Thursday, February 26, 2009

Namaste

My hip has really been hurting a lot lately. I'm not sure if it's from running, spinning, weight training, all of the above.... but it hurts. So in addition to my regularly scheduled yoga classes, I've been spending time at home trying to ease my misery.

Mason comes along to the gym a lot and is very aware and interested in the fact that I exercise. And now that I think about it, go me for setting a good example for him in this respect. But I digress.

Tonight I was stretching and contorting, again, trying to ease the misery. And Mason wanted to get in on the action. So I decided to teach him some simple yoga poses. It ended up being a super fun little activity for us. And the kid's not half bad.

Here's his down dog...


His up dog, with a little Lila interference....



His tree...

And his triangle...


He did a pretty impressive forward bend too, but I didn't get a picture. Now if only I could figure out how to be as flexible as a four year old...

No comments: