Friday, August 7, 2009

What Me and Susan Boyle have in Common

If you're like me and you keep and ear tuned to celebrity gossip, you've no doubt heard stories that start something like, "So and So was admitted to the hospital today suffering from exhaustion." How ridiculous, right? Who suffers from exhaustion inasmuch as they can call it an actual illness?

ME. **I** am suffering from exhaustion.

I now have the answer to "What happens when you host three kids (on top of your own three) and their mother for nine days, host their father for the last four days, in that period of time do four spin classes, run several as-yet-untallied miles, hit up a yoga class, do a little strength training, tend to at least 657 loads of laundry, beach it, pool it, dance around with the older four to Laurie Berkner, answer to two chipped teeth, attempt to stay sane amidst two teething babies, pay $32 to take your kids to a movie (popcorn and bucket 'o Coke included), have an evening out that involved a level of intoxication you haven't seen since your college years, mop your kitchen floor every night for sanitary purposes, oh, and throw a birthday party for your goddaughter on the ninth day?"

On Day Ten, you crash. And boy, do you crash hard.

But let's face it, I loved every minute of it. I had really great time. Phenomenal! Fun fun fun fun fun. But I think I literally had fun until I dropped.

They left at 4:27am on Monday. Of course when house guests depart it's time to get back to "normal" which for me entailed laundry, laundry and more laundry, final cleanup for the prior day's birthday bash, a thorough scrub down of my grody floors, and general mothering to my brood of three.

I needed to be productive. Productivity was required.

Monday I lagged. Tuesday I dragged. Wednesday I couldn't get out of bed. Holy Crap.

At first I thought I was suffering from the standard cold. But when no congestion surfaced and my only symptom was a froggy throat and sheer fatigue, I self diagnosed with exhaustion. Doesn't that make me sound cool?

Today I am upright again, although still brain foggy and bleary eyed. I guess I'm not as young as I used to be!

Stay tuned for a selection of the over 1000 photo taken my me and Amber. (For those of you counting, that's 55 shots per mom, per day. Makes it sound less.... excessive.)

1 comment:

BrianG said...

I had fun also, but have no idea why I am exhausted. Also, you don't look like Susan Boyle