Sunday, December 20, 2009

FaLaLaLaLaJingleBellRockDecktheHallsSilentNight (Yeah Right!)

Just home from Bryan and Ana's wedding and I have a bazillion and one pictures on my camera. Time to catch up on my blogging...

Mason and Cole's preschool puts on a Christmas program each year. They have a play where some of the Pre-K4 kids act out parts and the rest of the Pre-K4 kids and the Pre-K3 kids sing in the chorus.

Mason was assigned the part of one of the Wise Men. Oh, how very, very appropriate.

Let me tell you something--those boys have been singing these Christmas songs, morning, noon, and night. Emphasis on MORNING. Now, I complained about this on Facebook and my mother-in-law commented on how lovely it is to be woken by the voices of angels. And I see her point--I should be a more appreciative mother of how sweet my boys are. But, all I could think was "It's 6:15AM! Why are these kids SINGING?" I don't think I'm very good at being appreciative.

Mason demonstrated during one of these Morning Song Sessions that he knows every word to various versus of songs like "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" and "Away in a Manger." It's impressive to hear a 5 year old singing

"You will get a sent-i-mental feeling... when you see..."

It made me do a double take, 6am and all.

But as usual, I digress.

I wanted good seats for the show, so we got to the church wicked early and I scored us the whole front row. My parents, Rey's parents, and Rey's grandparents came and we settled in to enjoy preschoolers sing as only their parents and grandparents can...

Lila was looking as lovely as ever.



Cole, coming in the processional with the kids. (Since Mason had a part in the play he didn't walk in the processional.)



And then Cole stood with his class and covered his eyes. He was a little shy I suppose. His motto is if he can't see you, then you can't see him either.



Mason and his fellow wise men, looking adorable as ever.



Mason carried the "coins" a.k.a. Gold. The other boys had the frankincense (yellow juice) and myrrh (yellow fluffy stuff).



And the boys--I mean men, pardon me--gave their gifts to baby Jesus.





They took their spots and began to sing "Away in a Manger" complete with choreography.



And in quick time Mason realized the microphone was next to him. So he picked it up and started singing into it. He thought he was a rock star. Rey swear he pointed out into the audience and winked but I missed that. But he and that microphone were hilarious, all the same.



At some point, Cole stopped covering his eyes and started covering his ears.




Afterwards, I got a shot with the kids. I like to be in a picture from time-to-time. I have the same shot last year! Except my children were a little less unruly in that one...


No comments: