Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Special Day for a Special Boy

Cole at two weeks old. I truly and honestly can't remember when he was this small and have a hard time believing this is him!! This also makes me realize how much he and Lila look alike sometimes.




Dear Cole,


Today you are 3! There is much to celebrate.


I can hardly remember a time before you were born. I can hardly remember a morning where you weren't standing by my bedside, asking me to make you breakfast. And I can't remember a single day in your life that you haven't spent sharing your sunny disposition! You really are the happiest boy on the block!


Three Things to know about Three-Year-Old Cole:


-You are a precocious little boy. Smart as a whip, and I'm not just saying that because I am your mother. Every day you amaze us with a new tidbit of knowledge you have gleaned from somewhere along your way in life. You never miss a beat.


-If I could describe you in one word it would be Jolly. You really are a good natured little fellow.



-Your favorite things are cars, trains, and your recent love of dogs. You are always careful to point out that dogs eat bones, not pizza.


The coming year holds a lot in store for you. Soon you will be starting school! And Daddy's determined to teach you to pedal your own bike, once and for all! Before you know it, you will be four years old, and we'll be saying, "Remember when Cole was 3?"


I'm so glad to have you little ColeBaby (and I know you're not a baby, you don't have to keep reminding me!). You really are a little beacon of light in my world. Mason made me a mother, but you made me a better one. Thank you for the privilege and honor.


Love,

Mama

1 comment:

Lucinda said...

So Sweet!

Happy Birthday Cole!